What is a custom mail template?
You can create and edit e-mail templates that are used to send invitation and reminder e-mails to participants and speakers.
There are numerous individual customisation options for this, which allows you to communicate your CI and branding already in the e-mail dispatch.
Where can I find the mail templates?
You can create and edit the notification templates as shown below:
How do I configure a mail template?
Under the menu item "Custom mail templates" you will find various options for defining mail templates.
The possibilities are:
- Participant Invitation: Invitation for a participant
- Participant Reminder: Reminder for a participant
- Speaker Invitation: Invitation for a speaker.
- Speaker Reminder: Reminder for a speaker
- User OTP: template for sending a one-time password for authentication
Click on the arrow to the left of the category to open a tab showing templates that have already been created. If no template has been created yet, "No saved template yet" is there.
By clicking on the right icon, you can create a new template.
Multilingual Notification Templates
Before you can create or edit the notification template, you must first select the language for the template. Here you can choose between the five languages German, English, Spanish, French and Italian.
Furthermore, you can choose between five custom notification templates. These can also be customized as desired, initially they are pre-filled in English.
After selecting a language, the system creates a template under the corresponding category.
Now you have two action options:
- Clicking on the X icon deletes the template. For the final deletion you have to confirm the deletion.
- The template can be edited by clicking on the edit icon.
Editing Mail Template
In edit mode, the email mail templates can be customized.
The templates can be edited using the following options:
- Template name: The template name can be edited.
- Email subject: The email subject of the template can be edited.
- Attach calendar invitation: A calendar invitation can be added to the email template. The recipient receives a file with the email invitation, which then makes the appointment visible in the recipient's calendar.
- Save a template: You can save the template by clicking this icon.
- Reset a template: The template can be reset to the initial state.
- Mode Switcher (Editor mode or HTML mode)
1. Preview on different devices: You can change here the preview of the template. You can choose between display in browser (left icon), tablet (middle icon) and smartphone (right icon).
2. Show components: A grid can be displayed here, which shows the individual components.
3. Preview: By clicking this icon the template is shown in a preview mode.
4. Show code: The HTML and CSS code behind the email can be displayed.
5. Manage changes: Changes can be undone or added again.
6. Style manager: The style manager can be opened by clicking this icon. An element of the template must be selected in order to view the possible styling options in the sidebar.
8. Layer manager: The layer manager can be opened by clicking this icon. The structure of the template can be viewed and edited.
9. Blocks: In this mode ready-made blocks for the templates can be integrated into the template by "drag and drop". There are the categories Basic and Placeholder.
If the image option is selected under Blocks Basics, proceed as follows:
First, the image element must be dragged and dropped to the desired location.
After that this window opens automatically. (Depending on the operating system, the illustration may differ).
Here you can navigate in the local files of the respective user PC to where the image to be uploaded is stored.
By simply clicking on the image file and confirming once on the Open button, the image is uploaded and inserted into the template.
When the process is complete, the image will be found in the template.
When HTML mode is selected, these options are available, which are described in more detail below:
1. Input field to paste or type your custom HTML layout
2. Preview area to see your changes
Hint: in this mode there's no picture management, so you'll have to link images from external hosting and make sure the're available at the time of sending the e-mails.
Please note that the mode switcher also changes the template that will be used to send e-mails. So if you've selected HTML mode, the template from the custom HTML field will be used, not the template from the editor.
Send test e-mail
You can send a test e-mail at any time and thus have immediate visual feedback for your notification template configurations.
To send a test e-mail, click on the upper right button "Send test e-mail" on the overview page of the notification templates.
A window "Test new credentials" then opens.
Here you can enter the recipient's e-mail address, select the language of the notification template and the notification type of the test e-mail.
Under "Language", choose between the five languages German, English, Spanish, French, Italian or select one of the five custom templates.
For "Notification type", you can again choose between "Participant invitation", "Participant reminder", "Speaker invitation", "Speaker reminder" and "User OTP", as before when configuring a template.
After you have filled in the fields, click on "Send" to send the test e-mail to the e-mail address you entered.