Whats in this article?
This article describes how to send a STREAMBOXY Conference participant to a live control room via Teams Interoperability with NDI.
NDI (Nework Device Interface) is a royalty-free video over IP transmission protocol developed by NewTek. NDI was designed to enable compatible devices to share lightly compressed high-bandwidth video, along with audio and metadata across over IP networks for broadcast contribution and production.
Overview of possible setup
- Enable NDI in your Teams tenant (see NDI doc or Microsoft Teams doc).
- In your Teams settings, go to your Notification settings. There you can activate NDI under production functions.
How can I include a STREAMBOXY Conference user in my control room?
- Create a STREAMBOXY event with a conference or go to the event settings of an already created event
- In your Main Session or Agenda Session settings, you can create a "Conference" with a Teams Interoperability under Session Types.
- Start your team meeting to be able to start the event at STREAMBOXY for the participants
- Start the NDI broadcast in the Teams settings.
- The individual participants of the team meeting are now available as an NDI source in the network. These can now be used e.g. with OBS (NDI plugin is required):